Sunday, November 20, 2011

The End

And just like that, my time with the Kenya 4 CSC team has come to an end.

We kicked off the final weekend with a team dinner at Carnivore, a restaurant in Nairobi famous for serving game... crocodile, lamb, ostrich, you name it, we tried it. It was wonderful to celebrate the end of an unforgettable four weeks with my 11 CSC team members and our DOT supporters, who have been with us every step of the way.

We spent Saturday exploring Nairobi one last time; we enjoyed the good food and had one final shopping trip at the Masai Market, which unfortunately (or fortunately, for my budget) was cut short by a downpour of rain. Saturday night we went to dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant, and then finished the program the same way we started: drinks at the Fairview hotel.

I must say I am so grateful for my 11 wonderful team members; it's amazing we only met four weeks ago. I have learned something from each and every one of them, and look forward to keeping in touch - and maybe a one-year reunion in Mexico or Portugal?? :)

I am also so grateful for the opportunity to spend four weeks getting to know such a wonderful country. Kenya is filled with passionate and innovative people, and I look forward to watching it's progress over the upcoming years. Everywhere I have visited within Kenya I have been welcomed with kindness and hospitality, and I look forward to coming back to visit in the near future.

Asante sana and kwaheri.


No comments:

Post a Comment